Like marijuana, the CBD flower comes from the Cannabis sativa plant. CBD, on the other hand, doesn’t make you feel high like its cousin THC does, so researchers have decided that this cannabinoid is not intoxicating.
Cannabis flower looks, smells, and feels the same as THC-rich cannabis strains that are available in states where recreational marijuana is legal.
Most people smoke or vape CBD flowers, but you can also make your own edibles or topicals with hemp nugs. All CBD products come from the flowers of Cannabis sativa, but it takes a lot of time and technical know-how to extract CBD oil and make products in your own kitchen.
In this guide, you will learn about all the different types of CBD flower products, their flavours, and their popular aromas.
What You Should Know About CBD Flower
- Hemp flowers and CBD flowers are the same things.
- Non-intoxicating means that CBD flower doesn’t make you feel high.
- Terpenes are flavorful plant oils that come out naturally in marijuana.
- Flavonoids: Like terpenes, flavonoids are strong antioxidants.
- Manicured is a term for buds that have been trimmed by hand and are of high quality.
- Hemp, which is mostly Indica, has terpenes that have a calming effect.
- Hemp that is mostly Sativa gives you energy and makes you feel better.
What is the CBD Flower?
The dried and cured flower of mature Cannabis sativa plants has less than 0.3% THC.
The CBD flower is a dried and cured sativa flower with a lot of CBD and not much THC. Contrary to what most people think, hemp and marijuana are the same plants. Both substances come from the Cannabis sativa plant, and the only difference is which cannabinoid is the most important.
Every Cannabis sativa plant has a small amount of CBD, but usually not enough to make a difference. A few decades ago, however, breeders started making hemp plants with more and more CBD. Now, hemp strains with high CBD and low THC are almost as common as those with high THC. In today’s era, many marijuana dispensary products include cannabis flowers having less than 0.3 percent THC.
What Are Terpenes in CBD Flowers?
Potent aromatic compounds in cannabis flowers change how it makes you feel and give it different tastes and smells.
There are many different types of plant oils in cannabis. Most of the time, these natural oils are either terpenes, cannabinoids, or flavonoids. Cannabinoids are only found in hemp, but terpenes and flavonoids are found in a lot of other plants as well.
Terpenes have strong smells that change how you feel about cannabis in a big way. Even though some terpenes don’t taste as they smell, every terpene has a flavour, and the exact ratio of terpenes in hemp flowers could change how it affects your body.
How do CBD Flowers Smell?
Let’s talk about how some of the most common terpenes in cannabis smell:
- Caryophyllene is a terpene found in cannabis that smells like wood or cloves. It is one of the most common terpenes.
- Myrcene is the main terpene that gives marijuana its distinctive “dank” smell. It is also found in mangoes.
- Limonene has a sharp, fruity smell and is also found in citrus peels.
- Pinene is a terpene that is found in pine trees and has a strong pine scent.
- Humulene has the smell of wood and is found in many types of trees that lose their leaves.
- Linalool is a floral-smelling chemical that is also found in lavender.
- Terpinolene has been called the “mystery terpene” because it smells like a lot of different things at once.
What are the CBD Flower Flavours?
Next, let’s see how each of these terpenes tastes; you can look from the best dispensary in Toronto.
- Caryophyllene: This terpene makes your throat feel almost like peppermint and is spicier than you might think.
- Myrcene: This terpene doesn’t really taste like anything other than itself. There are lots of hints of mango and staleness.
- Pinene: It tastes a bit like dirt or even mint.
- Humulene tastes like dirt, but it also has a strong hops flavour.
- Linalool: The taste of linalool is light and crisp, like lavender ice cream.
Some people say terpinolene tastes like fruit, while others say it tastes more like cannabis flowers or herbs.